Young Gilad Zargari was bringing pizza to the listed address when he heard horror screams coming from inside the house.
With intelligence and quick thinking he managed to save the life of a 14-month-old baby.
The high school student in the Israeli city of Be’er Sheva worked as a pizza distributor on the weekends and also as a volunteer in the emergency medical service.
When he heard the screams at home the 17-year-old immediately realized something was wrong and knocked on the door.
The door opened and Zargar welcomed them from Ran – a young father who looked shocked. Ran told her 14-month-old daughter was in poor condition.
Zargari told the father that he had medical training and the two went to the next room, where the mother was holding the small child who was in a chills crisis.
Gilead examined the child and found that he was suffering from a severe fever. The teenager wrapped the child in a wet towel to cool him and called an ambulance.
When the medical help came, the child’s condition was stabilized and she was reawakened, thanks to Gilad’s intervention, writes the local daily Ynetnews.
Doctors said Gilad’s actions may have saved the child from possible brain damage or even death.
The parents said they did not remember ordering pizza out of shock but were happy the food sender rescued their daughter.
Gilad, who has been working with medical services for over a year, described the situation as very unusual.
“Life gives us the opportunity to do good. “I am happy to have been there at the right time to save a life,” he said.