The Special Prosecutor’s Office, SPAK has published the balance sheet for the month of June.
During the month of June, 12 criminal reports were registered, of which it was decided not to start investigations for five.
• 7 criminal proceedings were registered, of which 2 proceedings for criminal offenses related to organized crime and 5 proceedings for criminal offenses related to corruption.
• 3 criminal proceedings with 26 defendants have been sent for trial, of which, 2 proceedings with 25 defendants for criminal offenses related to organized crime and one proceeding with one defendant for criminal offenses related to corruption.
• Based on the requests presented by the Special Prosecutor’s Office, a personal security measure against a person under investigation was approved by the Special Court.
• After the final requests of the special prosecutors, the Special Court issued 5 substantive decisions, 29 defendants were declared guilty.
• 54 responses were returned to letters received from various institutions regarding the status of Albanian citizens and public officials in relation to the criminal proceedings against them.
• 6 final criminal decisions were executed and 22 execution orders were issued for persons convicted by the Special Court of First Instance for Corruption and Organized Crime in Tirana.
• Execution orders have been issued for the confiscation of movable assets as follows:
– 6 vehicles
– Mobile devices 82 pieces of different brands
– Laptop 6 pieces
• Execution orders have been issued for the confiscation of Monetary Values as follows:
– 303,800 (three hundred and three thousand and eight hundred) thousand ALL
– 20,074 (twenty thousand and seventy four) EURO
– 1,005 (one thousand five) pounds (GBP)
– 12,000 (twelve) thousand dollars
– 2200 (two thousand two hundred) francs
• 30 decisions were approved by the special prosecutors for approving meetings of detainees with their family members and 3 decisions for allowing telephone conversations.
• 3 letters received from foreign judicial authorities have been put into execution; 7 orders for execution have been sent to foreign authorities.
• Documentation has been sent to the Ministry of Justice with the aim of extraditing 3 Albanian citizens from abroad to the Republic of Albania.
• 24 (twenty-four) requests for information were fully answered within the month of June 2022.